Sex and Relationships Education and C- Card
C-Card is a condom distribution scheme funded by the NHS, targeting young people under 25 it provides them with a card entitling them to free condoms and sexual health advice.
C-Card is the starting point where we can assess young people’s needs and carry out a safety check ensuring we safeguard their welfare. We care about the young people we work with and we put time and effort in to getting to know them, their lives, family history, relationships etc. We work hard to build up trust by being there for them and demonstrating to them that we’ll always put their best interests first.
We empower young people by providing the information they need to make informed decisions about their lives.
Young people receive information about:
- The different types of condoms you can get with C-Card.
- How to use a condom correctly.
- Information about sexually transmitted infections, unplanned pregnancy and how to avoid them.
- Advice on what to do and where to go if a condom splits.
- Information about where else they can go to get free condoms and other sexual health services.
- Information about consent and the law.